Friday, December 30, 2011

Encaustic lesson




I have been intrigued by encaustic work for a long time. I love the look of the wax and the textures are so rich and tactile. Nancy Donaldson is a master at encaustic and furthermore one of the most kind and generous people I know. She took a day of her busy life and taught me the basics. Here are some of the pieces I worked on. The sample board was the first project. Each square is an example of a different technique. It is a great way to remember the lesson, since it actually reminds you of what you did. The other 2 are two simple projects. I loved the day and want to try more!!! Thanks so much Nancy!

3 comments:

nancy said...

great job!! anytime you want to have a second class just let me know!!!

ludgera said...

You made fantastic pieces. Congratulations. I wouldn't expect less with such a talented and patient teacher. Love the sample board.

MarissaDW said...

Love these pieces Karen! They are beautiful.

Post a Comment