Friday, December 18, 2009

History

Today was an amazing day. I decided to go to Newmarket to witness the Olympic Torch Relay. What an experience. It was so moving and so impressive. To think that through a simple torch, an entire country, the seize of Canada can be connected. Over 2800 torch bearers, and 1000 communties all come together in the name of the olympics. The torch bearer in Newmarket was a young woman, Cathy Kowalschuk, who has spent a good part of her life working and helping others in may different countries and now faces cancer. Such life stories humble me. I guess what struck me most was the energy, the postive spirits and the enthusiasm in the crowd. It brought tears to my eyes. It was history in the making and I am so glad I was part of such a once-in-a-lifetime event!

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Oh Karen, I'm so glad you did this. We are planning on seeing it today in Mississauga.
We figure it's in our country, when will we see this again in our lifetime?

Karen said...

Enjoy! It is truly amazing!!

Post a Comment