Friday, October 9, 2009

Nobel prize




Today I attended a seminar in which a Japanes MD, Dr Shiya Yamanaka, received a special international award for his work in stemcell research. The Gairdner award is a Canadian award, often dubbed as the mini-Nobel award, since many Gairdner awardees end up with the Nobel prize. It also ended up being the day that Obama received the Nobel peace prize. This last one puzzles me....
I walked through Yokohama and took some great pics. I love this bronze statue as it spells out freedom for me. In a mall nearby was a flowershop with this halloween flower arrangement. Amazing!
We had a traditional Japanese dinner overlooking the water. The bridge is called the rainbow bridge. Stunning! Tomorrow I am getting up early for 1 more tour, this time to Kamakura.

0 comments:

Post a Comment