Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hot Flashes....

This weather is just too much. My hot flashes are rampant. For the longest time I tried all kinds of remedies. From formal medication to herbal stuff. At one point I thought, what the heck, I am taking it all at once, maybe that will make a difference.... It didn't. In fact, there is really only 1 documented effective treatment, which is with low dose Effexor. I don't really want to take any medicine and decided a long time ago that I will just sweat this one out. After all, it is only a hot flash. Mind you, they are so awful. Instant combustion is all I have to say. This weather of frequent pressure changes is what sets mine off. I know, people say that food and wine etc cause them. I have had them for 10 years and I can honestly say that the only thing I know affects me is the weather changes.
if you are interested in a site that published evidence on whether remedies work, check this one out: http://nccam.nih.gov
It is a website from the National Institute of Health in the US and a reputable source.
If anyone has the joke of the crows on the hydro wire who rip their coats off, please send it to me. It is so funny!

1 comments:

Anita said...

For helpful hints to combat night sweats and hot flashes go to Help For Night Sweats. The tips have been a real lifesaver for many of my clients.

Post a Comment