Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bye, Bye beauty....

Here is one of my fused silver necklaces. Fusing silver is a lot of fun and all you need is some fine silver wire, a torch and a fireproof surface. You heat the silver until it flows and so it connects without having to solder. It is quite a bit of work but the rsults are great. I also make my own headpins so these projects are labour-intensive but well worth it! This one is for my friend who will pick it up tomorrow and I will have to part with it. I always try anything I make by wearing it for a day so I know that it "works". Well, this one works allright! I love it and may have to make one for me. I hope my friend enjoys it.

1 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I'm so glad you are blogging! I'm lusting after those czech glass copper earrings now!
Love your work, and I have had several of your necklaces practically ripped off my neck of late :) Very unique.

Post a Comment